Account Service Intern
Account Management, Toronto
john st. has rapidly become one of Canada's top creative advertising agencies. Through our commitment to strategic planning, we have an unmatched track record for work that works. Our philosophy is simple: in a world fast approaching commoditization, our job is to make clients' brands unignorable.
We are looking for two account service interns to join john st. for a 4-month paid internship during the spring/summer term (May - August 2020). If you are passionate about the industry and keen to learn, we want to hear from you.
With an emphasis on developing specific skills and knowledge in account management, your responsibilities will include (but will not be limited to):
- Building Brand Consumer Relationships (BCR)
- Providing support for client billings
- Sharing weekly status reports on client projects
- Tracking status and estimates of time spent on dockets
- Competitive tracking research and database management
- Providing logistics support for broader account group meetings - room booking and set up, A/V, catering vendor management and any other requirements
- Completion of administrative functions for approval by supervisor
- Exposure to and participation in relevant areas of finance, production and creative.
- Other ad hoc responsibilities
In return, you will gain valuable experience working with one of Canada’s leading creative advertising agencies.
Working alongside an account team, you will develop fundamental skills for your career as well as the opportunity to contribute to the agency’s work in an important and meaningful way.
Reporting to a senior account service role, interns will be trained to contribute to important administrative functions needed to ensure smooth day-to-day operation of the account.
Skills and Experience
- Fully proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Strong willingness to learn and contribute to team success
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated multitasking skills in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good attention to detail
- Passionate about digital, social media, the advertising industry and its best practices
- Currently pursuing a degree/diploma in Marketing or Advertising
- Previous experience working in advertising / marketing communications a definite asset
If this action-packed opportunity excites you and you’re looking to kick-start a career in advertising, please e-mail [email protected] with your cover letter and resume.
Application Deadline: March 12, 2020